Monday, December 10, 2007

Making All Things Possible.




The Vitamix. The mother of all blenders. The mother of all food processors. Possibly the best gift I have ever received. I'm pretty sure I could throw rocks in it and get instant sand. I'll need to link all the amazing things you can do with a vitamix.

When it was new to me, I had the brilliant idea that I could make whipped cream really fast in it. It was about 5 seconds to maple syrup sweetened butter.

Last winter while I was at a birth, a new dad taught me how to make this yummy drink.

Overnight, soak raw sunflower seeds, raw almonds and dates. In the morning blend them in the vitamix and added one cup of water and one cup of pineapple juice, with 4 kale leaves. It’s green and sweet. The four of us sat around on their bed with the new baby sipping this yummy drink by candlelight, watching the sunrise. Not a bad way to greet the day.

No comments: