Sunday, December 9, 2007

First Post.




I'm often asked how I regained my health. At times it's still very much a work in progress. While I am no expert on food/health/holistic living by any stretch of the imagination, I certainly have learned a lot over the past 20 years. Specifically the last 10. Not by choice, but out of necessity to say the least. I can only say what works for me. I have gone from semi macrobiotic yet hard core vegetarian/vegan to short term raw foodie to the meat and dairy world of Nourishing Traditions. I have currently found balance with a combination of things.

Before Odwalla, I did my best to make food choices based on compassion for animals and people, focusing on vegetarian food out of love for animals and fair trade out of respect for people. After Odwalla..I strove to salvage my health with a very strict candida diet (http://www.bodyecologydiet.com/) and from there moved on to the most educational experience of my life. Embracing the truth that we are each in charge of our own well being. That we are not only what we eat, but truly what we ingest. Everything from what goes into our mouths, to what goes onto our teeth, skin and hair, to the products we wash our clothes and clean our homes with.

Health is so much more than the absence of symptoms.

Yours in the daily adventure toward radiant good health!
Sheryl

No comments: