Sunday, April 25, 2010

Time really does fly!






Almost a year has passed since I last posted. I've been back in MA for 8 months now and I couldn't be happier about it. We're both still looking forward to living in Oregon and a few other places at some point, but for now the Pioneer Valley is exactly where we're both feeling happy and at home.

I've been spending a good amount of time in the woods on the trails by our house. It's spectacularly beautiful here. We can hike to two ponds and there are several marked trails to choose from. I've also been attending births at a slow but somewhat steady pace. Perfect for me really. Tom is the Wellness Manager at the Co-op. It's such a great co-op I just love it there. He works with really wonderful, conscious people - it was absoultely worth all the time and effort put in by both of us to get this job, and to get back to MA. It seemed impossible at the time - yet here we are and I'm so grateful.... Tom also joined the Happy Valley Guitar Orchestra and they had a concert on Friday (also my birthday - lucky me!) that was amazing! I enjoyed every second and really hoped they would play an encore. 500 people were yelling for one. It was so much fun, and Tom looked very cute up there. I'm so proud of him.

I need to get back on track w/some things. Specifically - I really need to end the chocolate binging! I'd also like to get back to making broths a few times a week. I'm blessed with an abundance of local organic food that, thanks to the co-op, is affordable. There is no excuse aside from laziness not to eat optimally & I don't want to embrace laziness! I turned 42 on Friday. I think I'll dedicate this year to yoga. It will be fun to see where I am and how I'm feeling physically, emotionally and spiritually a year from now.

That's where things stand at the moment.


Onward!

No comments: