Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hell



That's such a pretty picture isn't it? It's far from the norm in the beef/dairy business. If there truly is a hell, it's got to be a factory farm. Anyone who eats meat or dairy products should educate themsleves on what a factory farm is. The most disgusting thing on the face of the earth. I would love to see a group like PETA put some focus on family farms with humane treatment of animals rather than thinking they will educate everybody into going vegetarian and vegan. I was vegetarian for 12 years. I saw a PETA add about a pig in a magazine and stopped eating meat then and there. I'm sure other people do the same kind of thing, but I know there are thousands of people who wouldn't dream of doing that. They probably don't know that there is an alternative to the horrible "living" conditions at factory farms. They may also like to know that "by products" are cows that had died of abuse and have been laying around rotting. Hot dog~!

Smaller farms offer a much better choice for people who need, or choose, to eat meat. There is still death of course, but it is A MUCH better life and an easier death. I feel fairly safe in saying that most people who become educated about factory farms, would stop supporting them.

Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days is worth watching this week. Not very in depth, but it's a start.

No comments: